Project Management Program
|The average annual salary for a Project Manager is approximately $86,000.*||All courses qualify toward the required hours for the CAPM® and PMP® designations.|
The Mount Royal University Project Management Certificate is being revised for Winter 2018 (January 2, 2018), due to the release of the new PMBOK® Guide - Sixth Edition. Students who have already started that wish to complete the full certificate program must complete all courses in the certificate for the 5th Edition by the end of the Fall 2017 (December 18, 2017) semester. The Mount Royal University Final Assessment Paper, completed directly through Mount Royal University, can be completed in Winter 2018 (January to April 2018).
RDC is proud to offer the award-winning Mount Royal University Project Management Certificate.
Knowledgeable and skilled project managers are critical to the success of any organization. Develop your skills in one of today’s most in-demand careers with the Project Management Certificate. Each of the required courses is based on concepts from the Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (pmBOK® Guide) - Fifth Edition, Project Management Institute, Inc., 2013, a widely recognized international standard in the project management profession.
- Successful completion of program develops introductory-level project management skills for those wanting to pursue a formal role of project management or for those on project teams.
- Provides foundation to prepare for the Certified Associate in Project Management (CApm)® or Project Management Professional (pmP)® designations
- All course hours qualify as credit toward the required hours of Project Management training for both the CApm® and pmP® designations.
- Program is eligible toward Blue Seal Certification
- To earn your certificate, successfully complete the six required courses (90 hours) from Red Deer College plus the Final Assessment Paper.
- Final Assessment can only be taken directly through MRU. Visit www.mtroyal.ca for complete details.
- Recommended that Project Management: An Overview is taken prior to any other courses
- All courses are available as stand-alone learning opportunities. Take one course or work on the entire certificate at your own pace.
- PM - An Overview
- PM - Quality Management
- PM - Integration & Scope Management
- PM - Human Resources/Communications
- PM - Time & Cost Management
- PM - Risk & Procurement
- Final Assessment (available from MRU)
Textbook: Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide), 5th Edition. Available at the RDC Campus Store.
*According to PayScale Human Capital
Interested in project management training specific to the construction industry? Learn more about our new Project Management in Construction Certificate.
This program qualifies for government funding. Enrol one or more employees in the program and pay only one-third of the cost with the Canada-Alberta Job Grant! Apply at least 30 days in advance.
Current course offerings will be posted below. Click on the link to register, or call 403.357.3663 and have your course number ready.
Take a day and treat yourself this summer - check out Tastes of Series https://t.co/AME5J6FY43
Pre-employment electrical student's thoughts on the program. Loving it! https://t.co/3VZhzo7rsR
Professional Bookkeeping Program open for fall registration. Check out class schedules! https://t.co/AseWh75tHS
Join instructor Emil Tarka June 19-21 for RDC's Project Management Professional (PMP) Exam Prep. course. Register @… https://t.co/P4QqD8SIM2
Student feedback for RDC's Leadership Development Certificate. Great option to recharge your resume! https://t.co/uPAmagUfCU
New for Fall 2017 - English for Academic Purposes (EAP). Funding available! Call Continuing Education @ (403) 356-4… https://t.co/CcBuwVaFsC
Question. Rethink. Explore. Learn. Did you know we customize training that can develop your team's process mapping… https://t.co/XbUaVo14KC
Congratulations to all of the grads! We're so proud of your accomplishments! https://t.co/6Iu4c22RGV
Is your summer booked yet? For kids - music, sports, science, trades, and arts. Awesome adult art camps too. https://t.co/pTePUZU3gZ