(This page is part of the official Academic Calendar)
International applicants to Red Deer College should begin applying at least four (4) to six (6) months in advance of the term in which you wish to commence studies. As International applications take time to process, applications will be accepted no later than 90 days in advance of the term in which you wish to commence studies.
|Term||Application Deadline||Document Deadline|
|Fall||May 1||July 15|
|Winter||September 15||December 1|
|Spring||January 31||March 31|
A valid Study Permit must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar on or before the first day of classes.
Red Deer College is recognized as a Designated Learning Institution by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). Students admitted to RDC will need to provide our Designated Learning Institution Number to CIC when applying for their Study Permit. That number is: O19391056880. This number will also be noted on admission letters sent to international students.
Note: Students admitted to on-line programs are not eligible for Study Permits or Post-Graduate Work Permits. These include:
- Administrative Professional program – on-line
- Early Learning and Child Care – on-line
- Educational Assistant – on-line
- Management Certificate – on-line
We also offer the above programs on-campus at Red Deer College (RDC). If you are interested in attending these programs at RDC please ensure you indicate “Full Time” or “Part Time” on your application, not “Distance Learning.”
Note: Students with Study Permits that are admitted to a program that has a practicum or clinical placement in childcare, primary/secondary school teaching or health service field occupations must complete their Medical Examinations as required by Citizenship and Immigration Canada one month prior to the start of classes. For more information on the Medical Examination, please to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website.
This includes students in the following programs:
- Bachelor of Education
- Bachelor of Science Nursing
- Early Learning and Child Care
- Educational Assistant
- Medical Lab Assistant
- Occupational Assistant & Physiotherapist Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Practical Nurse
- Unit Clerk
For information on Studying in Canada and to apply for a Study Permit, please go to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada web site.
1. Complete and submit an Online Application form and pay the application fee due at the time of application.
2. Determine if your International transcripts can be assessed by RDC. The official transcript we receive directly from the institution must be in Engish for us to assess it for admission. The following chart lists those countries that RDC can assess transcripts or documents for admission as long as they are in English:
|Antigua and Baruda||Guyana||Nigeria||Tanzania|
|Australia||Hong Kong||Pakistan||Trinidad / Tobago|
|Bangladesh||India||Philippines||Turks / Caicos Islands|
|Barbados||Jamaica||St. Kitts / Nevis||Uganda|
|Belize||Kenya||St. Lucia||United Arab Emirates|
|Bermuda||Lesotho||St. Vincent / Grenadines||United Kingdom / Northern Ireland|
|British Virgin Islands||Malawi||Singapore||Zambia|
Plus any other West African country that has WAEC (West African Examinations Council) or NECO (National Examinations Council) or any country that follows the UK system of GCE (General Certificate of Education) Ordinary and Advanced
Names of required documents can be found on the List of Required International Documents.
3. Submit official transcripts that can be assessed by RDC by the document deadlines per the chart at the top of the page.
- This applies to both students currently living in Canada and those not yet in Canada.
- If your transcript is in a language other than English, you need to submit it to International Qualifications Assessment Service as per #4 below.
- Official transcripts must be final and sent directly to the Office of the Registrar from the issuing institution.
- Faxed or copies submitted in person can be used for conditional admission, but official transcripts are required to receive clear admission and attend classes.
- Transcripts can be sent to:
Office of the Registrar
100 College Boulevard
Red Deer, AB T4N 5H5
4. If your country is not on this list, you will need to submit your transcripts to International Qualifications Assessment Services (IQAS)and request that they send a copy of the assessment directly to RDC at the address below. If you have one transcript on the RDC list and one not from a country on the list, you must send all transcripts to IQAS for assessment. Both IQAS and charge a fee for the assessment which takes an average of 4-6 months to process once they have received a complete application.
5. Meet English Language Proficiency Requirement (ELP).
- Applications will remain pending until ALL required documentation is received.
- Applications are not carried over from one year to the next. You must submit a new application form along with all other necessary documentation each time you apply for admission to RDC.
- International students pay 3 times the fees for instruction plus all other fees associated with their stay at RDC. See the International Program Cost Estimates.
- Note: these fees are approximate costs only. Your actual fees will be based on your schedule and will vary from student to student.
Admitted International Students
- Admitted applicants are responsible for all of their study permit, travel and financial arrangements.
- A valid Study Permit must be presented on or before the first day of classes. This includes refugees and protected persons.
- For information on Studying in Canada and to apply for a Study Permit, please go to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada web site.
- For Study Permit processing times, by country, see official information Citizenship and Immigration Canada site