Adult and Higher Education Instructor Post-Diploma Certificate
Enhance your adult teaching skills today!
Full-time and part-time options available.
Are you passionate about teaching adults? Perhaps you are responsible for delivering training, workshops, or leading professional development in your work place. Maybe you are currently or anticipating teaching in a post-secondary environment and wish to hone your instructional skills. If so, the Adult and Higher Education Instructor Certificate, offered fully online, is designed for you.
This certificate is a 12-month program designed to prepare educators for teaching in an adult education, workplace or post-secondary environment. Through courses and a capstone project, this advanced certificate allows students to develop their skills and knowledge-base to create successful and engaging learning experiences for adults.
Graduates of the Adult and Higher Education Instructor Certificate will develop the following knowledge and skills:
- Reflect on individual professional growth through the connection of pedagogical practice to content expertise on an ongoing basis in order to meet the needs of adult learners.
- Create and maintain classroom environments conducive to learning that promote respect for the diversity of learners.
- Practice effective collaboration and communication skills in the learning environment.
- Practice ethical and professional conduct.
- Examine and critically assess trends and research in the scholarship of teaching and learning for effective implementation.
- Integrate technology into teaching practice in order to best serve the needs of diverse learners.
- Identify individual challenges and opportunities related to teaching and learning and implement constructive solutions that incorporate appropriate pedagogy.
- INTR 400 Research and Reflective Practice, May 6 – June 7
- INTR 401 Quality Course Design, June 10 July 12
- INTR 402 Assessment and Evaluation, July 22 – August 23
- ADHE 400 Technology Enhanced Learning, September 2 – October 4
- ADHE 403 Inclusive Education, October 14 – November 15
- ADHE 401 Indigenization: Educational Contexts, November 18 – December 20
- ADHE 402 Learner-Centred Education, January 6 – February 7
- ADHE 404 Research Integration Capstone, February 10 – April 24
View course descriptions for the Adult and Higher Education Instructor.
Visit RDC's Academic Calendar for complete details, including admission requirements and fees.
Computer requirements for online learning can be found here.
Interested in completing the eLearning Instructor Post-Diploma Certificate too? See the graphic below for information on common courses.